This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Working on Netduino

Feb 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hi all.

I succeffully made this lib work on Netduino (www.netduino.com) with minimal code changes. May I contribute?

Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 11:48 PM

That's great! Would you like to join the project and develop it? If not than just upload the patch and i will add it to the repo.

Mar 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Hi, 

I am trying to use this library with netduino mini but I am having some problems. I lost the first bit of all the data that arrives via SPI to netduino. Perhaps it is related with hardware... but, electtrozero, are the changes you use integrated with the repo?  

Kind regards,

Juan

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Unfortunately elettrozero didn't send me the patch containing his changes. You may want to contact him directly to see if he still want's to contribute. Also make sure you are using the latest changeset. If you figure out what is wrong with the library or would like to contribute something it would be great!

Mar 31, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Hi,

Finally, I get the SPI communication working. I have changed in which edge of the clock the data is captured.

_spiPort = new SPI(new SPI.Configuration(chipSelectPin, false, 0, 0, false, false, 2000, spi));

To:

_spiPort = new SPI(new SPI.Configuration(chipSelectPin, false, 0, 0, false, true, 2000, spi));

It is something strange because other tests with GHI Panda have worked with the original setup...

Kind regards,

Juan

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2012 at 3:05 PM

So it's one setting for Pand and other for Netduino? Could you verify it and maybe check why? We can set different value depending on the platform but that would require indicating to the driver which platform its being run on. Or it can read it the same way the sample application does...

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Just tried the library on an STM32F4 Discovery board loaded with the Oberon 4.2 ( http://netmf4stm32.codeplex.com/).

Same as the Netduino above it failed with falling edge: 

_spiPort = new SPI(new SPI.Configuration(chipSelectPin, false, 0, 0, false, false, 2000, spi));

But works fine on rising edge:  

_spiPort = new SPI(new SPI.Configuration(chipSelectPin, false, 0, 0, false, true, 2000, spi));

I don't suppose there is a system call to ask the SPI implimentation which it should use?

Anyway it works.

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2012 at 8:45 AM

The current version in the repo is using rising edge as it seems to be working on all platforms. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM
which the corresponding pins on netduinoplus.
Which pins connect MOSI and MISO